Administration/General Management: Mailroom/Shipping & Receiving
Representative, Facility Resources - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (“MSE”) is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in North America with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates four professional sports teams: the NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals, WNBA’s Washington Mystics, AFL’s Washington Valor and the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, to start operations in the 2017 season and the anticipated acquisition of a D-League NBA Basketball team before the 2018-19 season. The company also owns and operates the Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in the mid-Atlantic, based in the center of Washington, D.C. The company oversees the management of Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals, and George Mason University’s EagleBank Arena. The company has partnered with Washington D.C. and Events DC to build a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8 in Washington, D.C. which will become the practice facility for the Washington Wizards and home court of the Washington Mystics. Monumental Sports Network, a digital platform that covers the region’s sports and entertainment news across mobile and OTT streaming devices, is also owned by MSE.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Responsible for mail and package distribution throughout Monumental Sports & Entertainment's multiple facilities, along with all inquiries from employees for office and coffee supplies.
- Performs the daily mail run from the Verizon Center to the Capitals Offices at Kettler and returning to the Verizon Center; dropping off packages, letters and interoffice envelopes along with recording interoffice mail for tracking purposes.
- Delivers office and coffee supplies, interoffice envelopes and stationery to MSE employees at the Verizon Center. Maintains accurate records of all deliveries to MSE Staff.
- Maintains and keeps in order an adequate supply of office supplies, coffee items and stationery at the employee distribution locations throughout the Verizon Center.
- Receives and responds to all inquiries from employees for office and coffee supplies from MSE employees. In addition, receives and responds to all requests for technical support, services, parts replacement for all copiers and printers in the Verizon Center.
- Assists with mass mailings for different departments in the Verizon Center, including ordering all the supplies and processing all the labels.
- Assists the Mail Center staff and Supervisor during rush and heavy workload periods with the processing of mail and courier packages whenever time permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage business relationships in a professional and confidential manner.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- General knowledge of operation of high-volume copiers and mail room equipment.
- Good knowledge of Postal, UPS and major couriers’ regulations and policies with regard to shipping packages.
- Be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.